Around one in twelve people who have a Chlamydia test via freetest.me find they are infected!
Most people wouldn't even know if they had it because most of the time Chlamydia shows no symptoms. Yet left untreated Chlamydia can lead to serious health problems and is the most common cause of infertility.
Signs and Symptoms of Chlamydia
75% of women and 50% of men show no symptoms.
If there are any symptoms, they could include:
Symptoms in women:
- Increased vaginal discharge.
- Pain during sex.
- Bleeding after sex.
Symptoms in men:
- Discharge from the penis.
- Pain/burning sensation when you go for a pee.
- Painful swelling of the testicles if left untreated.
How do you get Chlamydia?
- Penetrative sex (where the penis enters the vagina or anus).
- Oral sex (from mouth to the genitals).
- Mother to baby during birth.
- Occasionally by touching the eyes after touching the genitals.
Long-Term Effects of Chlamydia
Being infected with Chlamydia can lead to serious health problems such as infertility, see about the risks of Chlamydia for more information.
Request your free Chlamydia test today...